Wednesday 6 May 2020

State of the Game - May

Hello guys, long time no see. It's been year since initial release of Divinion and I wanted to share with you a few words where do i stand with development.

Now, my progress is not as good as I'd like, but steadily, the final title in Renan's saga is taking shape. My main problem for now is balancing more erotic elements and proper storytelling. Divinion certainly lacked in the "ero" part, which I seek to remedy in final release. You can expect many more H-scenes, of more different variety. Though, as I mentioned in ony of my previous posts, the game will not follow totally "evil" route, Renan will have his share of bedmates, including many returning characters. Because yes, we are finally returning to Resticia, and it's time for Alba class to reunite... kind of. Sort of.

Another difference from Divinion, the game will offer less freedom to player - in the end, from what I gathered, open structure caused a bit too much confusion among players, and was source of many unnecessary bugs. The final game will definitely be more stramlined, with quality over quantity approach. I've finally settled down on battle system, and it's way better than default JRPG style that comes with RPG Maker. In fact, I am currently experimenting a bit with various concepts in hope of spicing the second half of the game with some interesting variety.

For now, I will be safe and predict release date on Christmas. Depending on this while coronavirus situation, it might be sped up or delayed - hard to tell at this point.

That's all for today. Stay tuned for next update!

3 comments:

  1. Your game is so amazing,I'm really looking forward to this one.It's a pity that I can't "patreon" you,because in ROC there is no paypal and visa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just endend Divinion yesterday and wanted to share my view. First : I liked it. The story is good, character oo and you obviously put some work into this world.

    But...

    Geez... It's really frustrating. Renan is betrayed by classmate and justice, lost almost everything.

    He survive and rebuilt and... he is betrayed again by another classmate allied with the first. Lose his servant, his power, even his gender.

    When she rebuilt again, she lose everything again at the beginning of Divinion by being betrayed and lost almost everything.

    And in the end of Divinion when she is full rising, she is (not betrayed this time) double-crossed and... lost everything again (Angela kidnapp, almost all allies lost...).

    At this time it's not pity for Reina that i feel, just : "geez ! Again ?!".

    Please could you for the next one :
    -Don't kill Angela by brainwashing her and make her an ennemy of Reina (like the two last servants) ?
    -Stop growing the revenge list ?
    -Allow us to reduce the revenge list ?

    Again : it's a good game but it's driving me into snap mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have now finished the second part and my god what a good story with good characters.

    I just hope that in the sequel Reina treats her teammates better, I got attached to almost everyone in the game. Especially Angela.

    ReplyDelete