Monday 6 June 2016

Shamefur display!

Long time no see, guys! Yeah, I've been really busy lately... but at least, I've finally made it! Yeah, next update is basically ready, it just needs more testing and one H-scene needs to be redone - and I will...

Yeah, normally, I wouldn't be writing this post but rushing towards release. However, two things happened that will delay it further.

1) I'm actually very disappointed with new content, so much I think I'll redo it a bit. Not like it's AWFUL... just I've got a feeling I'm straying too much from my initial design. While I could just release it as it is, I think I'll tinker a bit more.

2) As promised, I've been working on my art on the side... and even though I still suck very hard, i feel with some help I can finally deliver some acceptable images for the game. I know many of you do not consider images necessary for such game (otherwise, you wouldn't enjoy it as it is :)), but for me, I always wanted for The Dark Lord Rises to have some illustrations, at least for H-scenes. Therefore, I promised myself I'll draw at least 4-5 illustrations for scenes in first act. Here's my drawing that I deemed worthy to include in the game (after few finishing touches).


Yeah, far from masterpiece (and this one was even partially traced from another work...)... If you feel strongly against including such art in the game, don't hesitate to comment. 

So, when to expect next update? Hell if I know. I'm beginning to understand all those big-ass producers and their "when-it's-done" mentality. Damn you, real world, with your work and stuff!

PS. Oh and yes, I'm reading all your e-mails and I'd like to address one peculiar complaint - that game is too hard.Iit seems even recent update wasn't enough and some people are struggling with certain areas... I think I'll include some way to cheat through the game...

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea, i'd really apreciate some pictures, i've always got the feeling that there was something missing in the H scenes~ And continue with the good work, the game is really great and i'm looking foward to the next release, and, i, personally, think that the game balance is good, because the protagonist got that giant quantity of mana and can repass it to the others so i only really need mana itens for him and then i repass it, and the game difficult lvl is also amazing i can have some great challenges and that is what makes the game so fun to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as there is no way to level up early through grinding or quests it does seem a bit too hard if you don't follow the guide, cheating would be fine as it would be totally optional so in hub areas have a pot that allows you to cheat or your given some money like 362G at the start and there is an NPC outside your house and they need a code to cheat what would be 362.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If people really need to cheat then they can use cheat because they find the fights to hard they can use cheat engine 6.4, there are youtube videos on how to use it. That way the author doesn't need to make changes to help people cheat in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to RPG Maker games they can crash if you change any of the values it can crash the game and can cause corruption of the game files that is evil to fix.

      Delete
    2. Most games can be cheated quite safely but I get your point. People shouldn't have to cheat to play through the game properly.

      However at this stage it could be argued that cheating is necessary sometimes for effective feedback. If you are testing the later stages of a game where you have to fight through 10 battles to get to a boss you don't want to have to struggle with it over and over again just because you want to test some plot dialogue.

      Delete
  5. Have you considered Patreon? If for no other reason than to get funds to commission some professional art. I have been a fan of you're game since before you disappeared. I really admire a game that can mix eroticism with a compelling story and so far you and Sierra Lee are the only ones who do that convincingly to me. I think that this might be better than taking a lot out of your time to learn to do something you seem to be struggling with a little. So you can focus more on what made the game compelling to us in the first place. The story and the erotic writing.

    If you started a Patreon I would support you. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete